Press "Enter" to skip to content

Electric scooter caused N.Y. apartment fire

File - A man is seen riding an electric scooter. (AP Photo/Lewis Joly)

File - A man is seen riding an electric scooter. (AP Photo/Lewis Joly)

File – A man is seen riding an electric scooter. (AP Photo/Lewis Joly)

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 9:54 AM PT – Thursday, May 6, 2021

Early on Wednesday, an apartment in the Bronx caught fire, leaving one woman dead and at least 11 others injured. New York officials announced the fire was initially sparked by an electric scooter that was being charged in the kitchen of one of the units.

“It was hard to get out, but everybody’s safe you know?” recounted fire victim Adama Damsoko. “I can tell you it wasn’t easy…when you look at the outside of the building, where I was at is unimaginable.”

One of the firefighters on scene suffered minor injuries, while two civilians were left in critical condition. The blaze also displaced several families. These families have since been moved to temporary shelters.

MORE NEWS: White House Supports Social Media’s Ability To Silence ‘Misinformation’

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x